Welcome guest, not a member yet? Registering is free and easy! Create Account  

Ways to avoid being scammed online

It's crazy how I see a ton of people getting scammed in various forums online for crypto-currency exchanges and other related deals. It literally happens so quick and negligently because people don't seem to care enough to screen that other individual thoroughly before sending the funds over. Next you know that money is long gone and so is the communication between you two as the scammer sets you on the ignore list.

[Image: xatkMcMONDqJq.gif]

What are some ways you guys are relying on when it comes to avoiding being scammed on the internet?

One on one basis. I imagine a middle-man is a great technique and is very strategic. As a need for better merchants and sellers arises I will try to implement ways to build trust and seals of approvals among members in this community in the future. We have just started and I assure you 2017 will be the time of MarketForums to grow significantly.

Whenever I buy something online, I check for vouches on the user and look around other forums for this user, in the event he has a bad reputation somewhere.
And from past expierience, never send payment as a gift through PayPal.

I needed a forum theme earlier this year and went with a guy based on the vouches, his work I've seen & because he was pretty reasonable in pricing, even paid extra for a quick turn-a-round, Big mistake, sent the dosh and he didn't reply for a week when he did, he said he'll sent it the next day, Never heard from him again, since.

(12-31-2016, 12:06 AM)NodeFlag Wrote: Whenever I buy something online, I check for vouches on the user and look around other forums for this user, in the event he has a bad reputation somewhere.
And from past expierience, never send payment as a gift through PayPal.

I needed a forum theme earlier this year and went with a guy based on the vouches, his work I've seen & because he was pretty reasonable in pricing, even paid extra for a quick turn-a-round, Big mistake, sent the dosh and he didn't reply for a week when he did, he said he'll sent it the next day, Never heard from him again, since.

Good points NodeFlag.

Checking account for age, reputation, marking purchase as a service/good instead of gift, and other steps are great for being extra cautious.