Welcome guest, not a member yet? Registering is free and easy! Create Account  

Getting a custom build ..

Decided to go ahead and finally start saving up to get myself a custom build. I know that I can improve on a lot of these units but I needed something that was budget friendly yet wasn't a complete dinosaur.
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/mv6t9W

I am thinking of changing the i3 to an i5 if I can get a hold of some more money and/or I figure out what the difference between the i5's are from one another lol. I also might change out my motherboard but I am not sure yet since I don't really know how those work. Same thing for the tower but I heard that the one I have now is fine as is even though there isn't much fans, but I don't think I'll need it so bad. i was going to get 2 sticks of 8gb RAM so 16gb in total but those ended up being like $90 even though my friends and my brother who all have 16gb said it was like $30ish.

These are all pretty good specs for an entry level considering the i-5 and the 1050 GTX. I noticed you have the HDD included. But have you considered getting an SSD as a primary hard drive instead of the traditional toaster? For a 240GB variant they're pretty budget friendly like the OCZ ARC 100 or whatever their latest flagship SSD is now. OCZ is a subsidiary for Toshiba so they've got a good rep.

(12-24-2016, 06:59 PM)Someone Wrote: These are all pretty good specs for an entry level considering the i-5 and the 1050 GTX. I noticed you have the HDD included. But have you considered getting an SSD as a primary hard drive instead of the traditional toaster? For a 240GB variant they're pretty budget friendly like the OCZ ARC 100 or whatever their latest flagship SSD is now. OCZ is a subsidiary for Toshiba so they've got a good rep.

Personally I have no idea the difference, lmao. I had someone else make for me and then another check it off to double check lol. I have already but the HDD however. I was going to refund it but I decided I'll buy the i5 and then refund it on Amazon lol.

Sounds good.

Just in gaming all in all the experience of using an SSD is phenomenal over an HDD. Like for instance if you had to load a big multiplayer map such as conquest in a game like Battlefield 1 or BF4 you'd have to take 10x as longer to load it with a traditional conventional hard drive versus the solid state drive.